Home > Our Student Development > Co-Curricular Activities > Performing Arts > Contemporary Dance
Home > Our Student Development > Co-Curricular Activities > Clubs and Societies > Visual Arts Club
Visual Arts Club
3.00pm – 6.00pm
Mdm Rafiqah Dewi Aziz
- To provide opportunities for students to be exposed to new techniques and medium of art through hands-on activities and visitation to museums, exhibitions and Artists’ sharing.
- To encourage students to express their thoughts, feelings and creativity through the various visual art forms from two dimensions to three dimensions.
- To encourage pupils to participate and excel in competitions.
- The Visual Arts Club offers students with interest in visual arts to come together and learn about art.
- The Visual Arts Club creates a platform for students to showcase their talent and expand their knowledge in art and art-making through different mediums, including ceramics, painting, illustration, digital art, charcoal and chalk, sculpture, printmaking and etc.
- Students also partake on field trips to museums to look at art exhibitions which help them to build appreciation and awareness of art around them.
Highlight(s) of Activities
- Mural Wall Painting
- Metal Tooling
- Paper Sculptures
- “Helmsmen of the Sea” Ceramic Collaboration work by VAC and CL Department
- Outdoor Drawing @ Gardens by the Bay
- Gelatin Pigment Print Workshop
- “SAP40” Commissioned artwork.
- Ceramic Workshop
- Watercolour painting
- Batik Painting
— 2022 “Feed My Trashemon” School Competition - 3rd Place and Finalist
— 2021 Draw My Stamp Story Art Competition – Gold, 3 Silver, 3 Bronze award
— 2021 NC 75th Anniversary Logo Design Competition – 2 Designs awarded Top 3
— 2021 LIVE On Festival Design Competition – Higher Distinction award
– 2021 N.E.mation – Top 10 Teams
– 2020 LIVE On Art Competition – 4th position and Higher Distinction award
– 2020 SYF Stronger Together
– 2020 SYF Art Competition – Certificate of Achievement
– 2019 East Zone Centre of Excellence for Creative Arts Young Illustrator Awards – Top
– 2019 ‘Pink Dolphin Refresh the Label’ Competition – 3 Designs shortlisted in Top 20