Home > Our Student Development > Co-Curricular Activities > Performing Arts > Contemporary Dance
Home > Our Student Development > Co-Curricular Activities > Uniformed Groups > Red Cross Youth
Red Cross Youth
2.30pm – 6.15pm
Ms Lenden-Hitchcock Su Mei M.M.
Mdm Doris Toh Ming Li
To engage youths in various local and international humanitarian programmes.
Confident and competent youths who are leaders within their communities, serving humanity and furthering the work of the Red Cross Movement.
For Humanity, With Empathy
The Singapore Red Cross Youth (RCY) is part of the largest humanitarian network in the world – the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. RCY is a co-curricular activity (CCA) integrates character-building, leadership, essential life-saving skills and blood donation knowledge, local community service and overseas humanitarian projects in its curriculum, with the Red Cross ethos and service to humanity as a core focus.
Highlight(s) of Activities
1. National events which showcase students’ talents, such as: National Day Parade, SYF and National Camp
2. Activities which broaden students’ horizons, such as: International Exchange Programme, First Aid Competition
3. Interesting and useful life skills courses, such as Outdoor Activities Course. First Aid Workshop, School Camps and Community Service
4. A wide range of community service projects, such as Red Cross Charity Draw & Flag Day and Home Visits
5. Enrichment Activity: Dragon Boating, Rock Climbing
Excellent Unit Gold Award 2012-2020
First Aid Competition (FAC) ‘Awareness’ Category 2020 – Bronze Award
FAC 2019 – Gold Award
FAC 2018 – Silver Award
RCY Disaster Risk Reduction Championships 2020 – Gold Award (Prelim)